Sunday, August 1, 2021

Home Again

We got home and things were immediately busy.  My birthday was the same day as a swim meet and book club (which I was hosting), so that was nuts.  Next year I would rather just go out to dinner and not bother with any of that other stuff.  But what can you do?  It did give me a perfect excuse to make my favorite brownies for myself.  (Craig apologized for not being able to do any of that stuff for me, but he'd just switched jobs-- another thing I should probably blog about!-- so he was pretty busy with his own stuff.)

Ryder and Owen hanging out during their older siblings' swim meet


Kendra and Eliza are still buddies!

Camille remembered her duties as birthday unicorn!

And Colton made me this adorable ferry!

The next evening we were meeting up with friends at Carter Mountain, which is always delightful!



Our friends the Nowaks happened to be passing through, so they also joined us!

It was so great to get Ryder, Cedric and Martin all together again!  These guys (plus Lilyann) used to do preschool together our first year in Charlottesville!
We weren't done with the Nowaks yet-- we all met up at Lake Monticello and let the kids splash for a couple hours, so that was also great.
Fun fact: I have NO IDEA who that kid on the right is.  Weird!
So that was a busy, but fun, week!

No comments: