Monday, October 25, 2021

Good News

I officially handed keys the to our condo over to our new tenant Thursday!  Whoosh!  I also had the carpets cleaned on Wednesday, and I spent Tuesday driving to two different Lowe's (Lowe'ses?) looking for the cheapest stainless steel dishwasher I could find to replace the broken one.  Technically, the condo was without a tenant for only four days (although it was empty for a few more than that, since our previous renters moved out a few days before their end date, and our new tenant moved in a couple days after his start date).  But we weren't losing money on it for most of the month, which is HUGE.  That's always the really scary thing about this business-- What if we can't find a tenant???-- and dealing with a change up in October made me more nervous, but it turns out that people move all year round, so I shouldn't have worried.

But still!  Big sigh of relief!

Now hopefully we can find the time to deal with all the stuff that is suddenly breaking in our own home...  It reminds me of that line about the shoemaker's kids going barefoot.  We've been pouring all our energy into the condo while our own garage door is suddenly only working sporadically and the clutch on Craig's car suddenly went out!  😬  And while I doubt any of that will be fun or cheap to fix, at least we can take care of it knowing we're not also bleeding money on the condo!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hooray! I'm impressed by the quick turn around - we can barely maintain our own home, so I don't think we'd ever make it as landlords! Sorry you're suddenly having things break at home, though it's always reassuring to feel like those things can be fixed without it being a financial stressor.