Sunday, December 12, 2021

Conversations with Camille

While my parents were here, Camille took it upon herself to ask my Dad why golfers yell "fore" when they're golfing.  I have absolutely NO IDEA how she knew this-- probably from some random cartoon she's watched?  But the very fact of this question makes me laugh.

So my Dad is explaining golf and how far a professional golfer can hit a ball.  To get them to understand (Colton was here participating in this conversation, too), he asks if they know how big a football field is, and Colton pipes up, "One hundred yards!"  Another thing that shocks me-- how does a child of mine know such a fact?  I probably didn't know that until I was in my 20s...

Anyway, Grandpa responds, "Exactly.  And some golfers can hit their ball 300 yards, so that's like three football fields!  And people can't yell loud enough for their voice to travel that far."

At which point Camille piped up, "I can!"

And honestly.  It's just possible she might!  In any case, she gave Grandpa a good laugh with that.

Love my confident girl!

Google helpfully made this collage of Camille for me.  I guess this is as good a place as any to share it!

No comments: