Thursday, December 29, 2022

Before Christmas

With school done and all the concerts finished, I felt like we could take the week before Christmas and just RELAX a bit!  I was so happy!  And Craig was using vacation time to just stay home and be with us-- what more could I ask for?

Craig, of course, relaxes by baking up a storm, so he spent Monday in the kitchen.  He made spritz cookies, triple chunk cookies, salted caramel Rice Krispie treats, and peppermint bark.  I made Oreo fudge (not as good as marshmallow peppermint fudge, but we didn't want to overdo it with the peppermint) and those pretzels where you melt a Rolo onto them?  I did the easy stuff.  The kids either helped Craig in the kitchen, or wandered around wearing Halloween costumes they'd pulled out of the basement closet.  Because they're weird like that...

Colton the ninja!  Ryder behind him is making spritz!



A good time was had by all!

Tuesday morning Craig and I went running.  But not together.  We slept in and it was light outside, so I left a minute or two after Craig and then ran suuuuuper slow.  And I was quite happy.  And made it much further than I can usually go!  (Well, I was about as happy as I ever am while running.  You know.)  It was nice not having to try and keep up with Craig.

Back at the house, we were talking about whatever else we were going to do with our day when I got a text from our tenants informing us that their (month old) water heater was leaking.  A lot.  So much for our plans!  Craig spent the next day and a half fixing a plumbing problem I'd never even heard of, and doing it quite well.  Craig never ceases to amaze me.  (If you're ever at a party with him and you run out of things to talk about, definitely feel free to ask him about this.  I am NOT going to get into it on this little old blog.  Sorrynotsorry.)  So he did that.  The kids and I took all those plates of cookies around to various neighbors and ward members in the area.

It wasn't quite what we'd had in mind for those days.  But I kept reminding myself that at least it didn't start leaking on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day!  

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love the Halloween costumes - so glad my kid isn't the only one who does that. And I'm so sorry about poor Oreo - she was a beautiful bunny.