Sunday, December 4, 2022

Ryder is 12! (And Also-- Thanksgiving!)

 Craig did his best to keep me from stressing out over Thanksgiving.  Well done, Craig!  I was mostly quite successful, but when the long weekend ended and half our kids had colds and couldn't go back to school, I will admit that I was a bit bummed and ready to get my house back to feeling like it wasn't a disaster again.  But we got there eventually.

Thanksgiving dinner!
All around that, we've been celebrating Ryder's birthday!  We had dinner and presents with grandparents ahead of the holiday:



Loving life at the Mellow Mushroom

Ending the day with doughnuts
Unfortunately, poor Ryder was sick on his actual birthday.  So that was kind of lame.  I didn't really think he'd want cake or the dinner he'd chosen, so we put those off and I just made Dutch babies instead.  Just as much sugar as cake, but we get to eat it for dinner!  Ryder thought that was a good compromise.  And the good news is that he was all better in time for his birthday party (which was probably more important to him anyway).  For that, I picked him and his friends up after the school dance, enjoyed listening to their banter in the car (my favorite was one kid who said he got in trouble if his grades slipped because he was being "a goofy goober"), and then let them watch a movie and eat pizza and cake.  Everyone had a good time!
The first thing they did was drag the love sac up from the basement.  It vaguely reminded me of this famous picture...

Enjoying pizza

Amos is a very good sport about giving Camille piggyback rides!

So it was a good week, especially once everyone was healthy again.  And watching Ryder growing up is an absolute delight!

No comments: