Friday, May 14, 2010

Dance

I got to have another ultrasound yesterday, just as a follow-up after all the previous mess. All is well with Lucky, which was a relief after some of the horrid dreams I had the night before (pregnancy dreams are probably the worst thing about being pregnant. That and getting fat). I'm at 11 weeks now, and s/he looks surprisingly like a teddy bear. Big head, slightly smaller body, little stubs of arms and legs.

But for being shaped thus, this little baby can really get its groove on! Lucky proceeded to shimmy away and rock out the entire time we watched. The doctor was impressed. I had to laugh, it was so fun to see.

Look out, So You Think You Can Dance! Lucky will be ready in a couple decades!


By the way, if you're even slightly interested in dance, check out this website, which my friend Laresa found. It's all pictures of dancers doing these awesome poses in and around New York City. It made me wish I was a real dancer, or that I'd been there for these photo shoots. Sheer joy. Seriously-- look at them all!

4 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Yay, I'm glad that Lucky is a dancer! Sounds like a very fun ultrasound, and I'm very happy that s/he is in such good shape! :0)

Rachael said...

That's so cute! Maybe after winning So You Think You Can Dance, Lucky can go on Dancing with the Stars! Mom would be thrilled. :)

Nicole said...

that's awesome.

i also quite like most of the photos on that site, though i definitely think some are more interesting than others. (and i mean interesting in a good way. well, to me, interesting is always good. but i'm guessing that isn't universally true.)

Anne said...

Those photos are awesome! Thanks for sharing.