Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mini-Confession

These are Kendra's stacking clowns, which she got for her birthday from Grandma and Grandpa Smith:


I love playing with them. Kendra doesn't quite have the hand-eye coordination to do much with them yet. Neither does Bentley, actually. But I do. And the kids enjoy knocking down my creations when they wake up in the morning (I usually only stack them at night, when I'm picking up all the toys in the living room). And there really are TONS of ways to stack these little guys! It's surprisingly fun and challenging. I also like to try and coordinate which colors go where-- I managed to have all blue on the bottom with red and yellow divided on the tops once. It was wicked cool, if I may say so myself. And I also like that these clowns are cute and have a sort of "Please don't hurt me" look on their faces. Not at all like the scary clowns that you picture terrorizing little children.

I wish more of my kid's toys were this fun. For me.

Do you have a favorite toy?

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary..."

I can't see clowns without thinking of Deep Thoughts!! Those do look like nice clowns, though - I love it when you can have fun with your kids' toys.

I have lots of favorite toys, which probably has something to do with the fact that virtually all of Samuel's toys are actually me and Cameron's toys from our childhood. We just got* him a marble runner, though, and we've been having fun with that!

*Actually, it was a Christmas present we got with a gift certificate, but it's on back-order until two days ago!

Oneup said...

Bubbles. Littlest Pet Shop. Care Bears. My Chicken Run toys. Puppets. My scratch and sniff Christmas book.
Kites. Bubbles again. My mom still has a lots of toys. We firmly believe in our family it's dumb to stop playing with toys. And I'm glad. Good work still playing!