Friday, August 12, 2011

Bragging. Total, All-Out Bragging.

So remember when I said we were thinking about changing the way we eat? Well, we have. For nearly three weeks now, we've been following the guidelines in Eat to Live, which has meant eating only fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and a little bit of whole grains. (And no meat, dairy, or processed foods.) The idea is to do this and be really strict for 6 weeks, and then afterwards you can have a little bit of those things, but your diet should still consist of mostly fruits and vegetables.

For someone like me who loves bread, chocolate, and cheese, it has been really really hard. But. I cannot deny that it is working! I've lost about 9 pounds so far, and I've felt really great. Craig has lost even more weight. And we're starting to get used to eating like this and even enjoying fruit for the first time in our lives. And, what might have gotten me the most excited-- last night I calculated my BMI and discovered that I am now in the "Normal" category.

Buh-bye, "Overweight" BMI. May we never meet again.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Definitely the hottest couple at church today!

Juliana said...

Horray! So proud of you both!! :)

Anne said...

So, give me some typical meals that you've been having. My super-meat-eater husband has been a vegetarian now for about 3 weeks (mostly because his cousin and I laughed when he said he was going to do it) and I'd love more ideas of what to make. I'll probably add cheese though. That would be the hardest part of the diet for me. :)

cms87 said...

Yay! Go you! I am excited for you guys. It always feels good to accomplish goals--especially goals that help you lose weight. ;o)

Natalie R. said...

I'm impressed you stuck with it even while at an amusement park!! :0)

Katherine said...

That is awesome! I agree with Natalie's comment, as well. You've definitely got some will power!