Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sesame Place

Last week Craig's parents took us all to Sesame Place, up in Pennsylvania! It turned out to be the trip of things almost going badly, and then being just fine.

When we showed up, it was pouring rain. Not just that rain where it seems pretty bad while you're driving in it, but once you stop the car, it's really just a light drizzle. Nope. This was a LOT of rain. People were leaving the park in droves. So we went to the mall to hang out for a few minutes while I fed Ryder. And lo and behold-- within twenty minutes the rain stopped and it was sunny for the rest of the day. Yay for us!

Of course, we headed right back to the park, only to discover that Bentley had left Teddy (and those of you who know Bentley know that he is devoted to his teddy) at the mall. Craig went back to find teddy while we went into the park. And because this was the trip of things being just fine (eventually) he found teddy without any trouble and all was well. Here are some pictures of it all. Oh, wait-- first I have to explain that I would have taken more, but my camera battery died. Good thing Craig still had his phone or we would only have about 3 pictures of the whole thing! Okay, enough of me blathering, time for pictures:

At the last second, Kendra got shy, so Bentley went and met Bert and Ernie all by himself.


Riding the carousel with Grandpa...


...and Grandma!




That's a green screen behind Elmo. If you buy the real picture, they put a nice town behind you. One of these days I'll scan the good picture for you to see, too, but for now, this will have to do!


I guess Disneyland doesn't have a monopoly on teacup rides!


Happy Ryder!

The Abby Caddaby Show



We finally left the park, found some dinner (that Craig and I could eat on this diet!), and then checked into our hotel. Then we had another scare: our room was a smoky mess! Just as I was wondering how we would survive breathing air like that, Craig just marched to the front desk and demanded a new room, and GOT ONE! That was fortunate, because the hotel was pretty full. But our new room was lovely and smoke free and we had a good night's rest, which we needed for Day #2 of Sesame Place:

The kids loved this bouncey thing and probably could have spent all day here...





As a kid, Craig was afraid of this ropes course. Good to know he's conquered his fears!

Kendra eating her Elmo cupcake and refusing to smile for me


Tired Kendra as we drive home


Equally tired Ryder


And, as we were driving home, we saw this random tank next to us. It was a bit scary, actually! But impressive and cool all at the same time. We were stuck in traffic (gotta love I-66), so I had time to snap a picture


I have one other picture of the entire family with Big Bird, but for some reason I can't get it to upload and Craig isn't around to solve my computer problems for me. So it will get its own post soon.

For now, all you need to know is that we had a great time!

Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa!!!

4 comments:

Natalie R. said...

I'm glad that everything worked out so well, and that you guys had such a fun time! It's too bad that you were so close and yet so far, but I'm excited that you had a blast. I think you should try to come up to Hershey again before Hershey Park closes and spend another day with us there, too!! Tom and Donna would be totally welcome to come along, too - the more the merrier!! :0)

Patrice said...

Loved all the photos of the kids at the park. I do think Disney has cuter characters-but it is a very fun thing that they have a Sesame Park. Did Donna get dizzy on the tea cups? The sleeping kids are so sweet!

Anne said...

That place looks awesome! Javi was very impressed with the pictures. It's funny because he never can get Bert and Ernie's names right...his grandpa's name is Bernie, so he just puts them together and can't figure out what the other one's name is. :)

Katherine said...

I didn't even know this place existed! Looks like fun :)