Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Firsts

I finally put Ryder in a real swing yesterday, and he loved it. Bentley and Kendra always did, too, so this wasn't a surprise. But it's still fun to hear happy baby squeals over such simple pleasures. Ryder is funny, though: while I was a few steps away from him, pushing Kendra, I suddenly realized that he was making weird coughing noises. I hurried to check on him, and discovered that he had leaned forward and was now choking himself on the swing, the hard plastic pushed under his chin and against his neck. I quickly pushed him back again, and immediately he began giggling and laughing and enjoying himself.

I think we repeated this drill three or four times before he finally figured out to just keep leaning back. I'm not sure if I should be worried because he seemed so unconcerned about the choking, or delighted that I have such an easy-going baby!

2 comments:

)en said...

ha. he's all, mom.. little help. something is hindering my swing-joy.

Natalie R. said...

Ha ha, poor little guy! I was surprised because Caleb didn't like the swing for a long time, and even now he's not a big fan. I guess maybe he won't be a thrill-seeker like his big brother! I'm glad that Ryder enjoyed it so much, and that you heard his little choking noises right away!!!