Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Addict

It's no secret that I love peanut butter and chocolate together. When I was in high school, I would frequently have to purchase Reese's peanut butter cups from the vending machines during our morning break time. (How was I so skinny in high school? I swear, I ate nothing but crap!) I still love those, but rarely bother to buy them, usually because I'm just too cheap and don't peruse the candy aisle at the store. When I was pregnant with Ryder and worried about gestational diabetes, I began eating a lot more peanut butter, and during our crazy diet, I discovered the joys of natural peanut butter (which, although no longer healthy, is really good in ice cream!). And of course, most of the desserts I've pinned on Pinterest are some combination of these two.

But this Easter. This Easter, I discovered these:
Which somehow manage to be even better than plain old Reese's PB cups. I think it's because there's even more peanut butter.

Only a couple even found their way into the kids' Easter baskets, and I devoured the rest. And then they were 30% off at Target yesterday, so I bought even more. And Craig has suddenly become more allergic to peanut butter, so I don't even have to share.

They're mine! ALL MINE I SAY!!! BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!



Yeah, I've completely lost it.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

How have you missed these all these years!??! These are Brandon's favorites at every holiday and now they make a white chocolate version as well.

Natalie R. said...

I love those, aren't they so good?!?! And just think, I get to smell them baking almost every day... :0)

Vangie said...

They are delicious!! And the reason why I have to push myself during our workouts. Sadly I just use that as an excuse to eat more. :/

Emily said...

Drool. Pretty much the only Russell Stover I enjoy is their version of Peanut butter eggs - they come in chunky peanut butter and YUM is it good!

Vangie said...

P.S. went to Target today.. They still had a bunch of those now @ 50% off. I think you need to go back to get more!

Juliana said...

I made Jeff read this post (he LOVES his peanut butter and chocolate) and he immediately exclaimed: Alanna is right! These are definitely the best.

But then he wanted to know why I hadn't bought him any Target Clearance candy :)

Hope your Easter was great!

Liz said...

Hah - I totally remember you an the Reeses at lunch! :)

And yes totally agreed that those Reeses' Easter eggs are amazing. And now I'm not allowed to go back to the store until the "50% off" sales are over... :)