Monday, April 23, 2012

Blog Secrets

My father-in-law commented that recently I hadn't been blogging nearly as much as I used to.  At the time, I just answered that I'd been too busy, but later I realized that this wasn't entirely true.  Sure, I'm busy, but who isn't?  Show me one person who has ever not felt that their life was busy!  Like most people, I always think I'm busy!  And I used to find time to blog, so that isn't what had changed.

And it's not because I've run out of things to say.  I can't really picture that ever happening, to tell you the truth.

No, my blogging slow-down is really because there are a lot of things happening in my life that have been off-limits for the ol' blog.  For example, Craig and my callings (Elder's Quorum president and YW 2nd counselor, respectively) have us running around in circles these days we're so crazy busy, but it's not anything that I think you would find terribly interesting, so I don't blog about it.  Who wants to read about all the meetings we go to and our Tuesday night activities?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  And I didn't blog about Carla very much during her fight with cancer because I knew she read my blog, and I didn't want to write anything discouraging that she would see.  How awful would it be to check your best friend's blog and read about how she's afraid of you dying?  So other than telling you about my trip to see her and casually mentioning that she was fighting cancer, I mostly kept mum about her until she had passed away.

So, I'm sorry to be so secretive and not be blogging much.  But it's just the way things have to be these days.

But now, I am pleased to announce that there is something I have not been blogging about that I can mention to you:

  Craig just got accepted to 
George Mason University's 
Master of Education program!  

Astute readers will remember that Craig already has a master's degree from George Mason.  It's true, he does.  That degree was mostly just to get the pay raise his school gives to teachers with a master's.  It's good he got that, because I doubt we could survive without that extra income these days.  This new degree will-- hopefully-- put him on track to become a principal some day, which would be fabulous both because it would pay better and ALSO because he would have an even greater chance to make a difference in these kids' lives.  So this will be greatly increasing our level of busy-ness this coming year.  But it's a good and happy thing.

I'm very proud of Craig, both for being accepted and for moving ahead in his career!

Congratulations, Craig!  I love you!

6 comments:

Patrice said...

We are really excited for Craig. That will open up some great options!

Juliana said...

Congratulations! This is fantastic news!!

Anne said...

Yay for Craig! and Yay for more blogging (not that I can even talk)! and Yay for seeing you soon!!!

Nancy said...

Congrats to Craig!

Natalie R. said...

Hooray for Craig, congratulations!!!!! That's really exciting!!! :-D When he becomes principal, I'll try to get my kids into his school! :0)

Nicole said...

very exciting!