Friday, April 6, 2012

Some Spring Break Juggling

A couple years ago, Jen* shared this video on her blog, and now I'm sharing it again. It doesn't embed, so I'm just going to give you the link and assume that you are awesome enough to actually click on it. The video sounds simple enough-- just a guy juggling three balls. If you're really into juggling**, that's probably not even very impressive.

But it is!

First of all, he's juggling them to some of my favorite music, the last three tracks on the Beatles' Abbey Road album (well, not including "Her Majesty," which I don't)-- "Golden Slumbers," "Carry That Weight," and "The End." These songs are some of my absolute favorite songs by the Beatles (and I like a heck of a lot of their stuff, so that actually means something!), and they're kind of lesser known, which probably makes me like them even more. I mean, any idiot can appreciate "Good Day Sunshine." But you have to be a real fan to know these songs.

But back to the video-- this guy manages to juggle the balls to the music in a way that really can't be described. You just have to see it, and watch how he makes it work, and also watch for the look on his face because half the time he looks like he's about to drop those balls, even though he's clearly got mad talent.

And then realize that you are grinning from ear to ear at the sheer awesomeness of it all.

Okay, go ahead and click on it now. You'll thank me.



See?





*Years?!?!?! Really??? I've been reading your blog for years now???
**Which I'm not, in all honesty. I mean, I'm super impressed with anyone who can juggle even a little bit. But I've never bothered to even try to juggle, and have no real desire to start. So I certainly can't claim to be a juggling connoisseur.

2 comments:

)en said...

I know!! My blog is that old?? I clicked on the link and was like, did I? It took me a minute. But it took me .2 seconds to love the video again. high five. :)

Patrice said...

Wow! I never thought juggling could be musical! I thought he seemed like a percussion instrument (has Craig seen this??) or like the conductor. It was great!