Saturday, May 5, 2012

Compensation

Tonight I painted my toenails. This really wouldn't be a very big deal, except I'm pretty sure it's the first time they've been painted since I was 8 months pregnant with Ryder. He's 17 months old now, so that makes for a really long time to not paint your toenails at all.   My Mom once told me that with each child, she noticed that one aspect of keeping house went out the window-- I think when she had me the chore that died was mopping.  I never mopped much to begin with, so I was already screwed in that department.  But apparently with each kid, I'm letting my personal hygiene go?  Or does painting one's toenails even count as hygiene?  Maybe that qualifies as a luxury or something (it's not like I don't cut them!  ...Occasionally).

I think as long as I'm still showering every day, I'm not going to worry too much.

And honestly, who can be bothered worrying about much of anything when you've got such a fun and smiley little Ryder around!


Trying to show how small he is in my big bed

(These were all taken after I made the bed with him in it.  He was delighted by the entire experience.)


Yeah, he's definitely more fun than pretty toes!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Cute! And, honestly, I'm way impressed that you shower every day! We should get pedicures in Las Vegas!!! When are you guys getting there/leaving, anyway?

Patrice said...

What a sweetheart little Ryder is!!! Glad you remember wisdom from your Mother!