Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Suspicion

Every time guys come around door-to-door selling pesticides I end up finding WAY more bugs in my house.  So I'm wondering: do they just release a bunch of the little critters right when they hit a neighborhood to try and boost sales?  Or is this just all the bugs fleeing from other homes that just got  sprayed?  Either way, it's creepy and awful.  I don't usually have problems with insects in my home (a fact for which I will be forever grateful).

And while I'm talking about pesticide salesmen, the guy yesterday kept emphasizing that they were an "eco-friendly company" and their product was so "eco-friendly."  Maybe I'm just stupid here (Elizabeth?  Tell me what you know about this!), but isn't eco-friendliness pretty much all about NOT killing things, even bugs, and NOT using pesticides?  How can a pesticide possibly be eco-friendly and actually work?  Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

In any case, I'm not buying it.  Literally and figuratively.




P.S.  I was going to put an image of a bug on this post.  But then I thought, "Why do that to myself?"  So you can be glad that I'm a wimp.

5 comments:

Jen Evans said...

Whenever the door-to-door salesmen come around I try to have them reveal if they're mormon. The last guys name was Hyrum. I was convinced, but he never mentioned it.

EmmaJ said...

I have thought the very same things, about them releasing bugs, or the bugs fleeing.

Emily said...

I finally got a 'no soliciting" sign because I had seriously TWO or THREE A D.A.Y. coming to my house (but men, security systems, new windows). Have to say I love the peace that the $2 sign has brought me!

Nancy said...

A pest guy came to our house a couple of weeks ago with a Utah cell number.

And, according to my mom, a girl from their ward is married to a guy who is currently living in Centreville, VA selling pest control. Wonder if he was the guy who came to your house!

Tracy said...

When I was a bug girl, I used to throw fake bugs on their doorstep as part of my sales pitch. :) I'll let you guess what I said!