Saturday, May 12, 2012

Matching

I just finished folding a load of laundry.  There were ten pairs of socks in it.  And I found the match for every. single. one of them.  Ever since Ryder discovered how fun it is to hide things-- under pillows, between couch cushions, or simply tossed over the side of his stroller-- things like being able to match up all the socks have become minor victories in my life.  So matching all ten pairs now counts that as blinding, raging success.



I realize it's kind of a pathetic thing to get excited over.  But you gotta grab victory wherever you can find it.  Don't you think?

5 comments:

Anne said...

Totally!

Patrice said...

Having just done a couple loads of laundry, I totally appreciate having matched every sock-and I don't have a little helper to lose them for me!! Life is so much better when you can appreciate the little things!!

)en said...

Success? I call that a freakin' miracle. It defies all laws of science and nature that say that will NEVER happen when doing laundry.

Emily said...

It has been a LONG time since I've matched every sock in a laundry day!

Nicole said...

our tv remote, which was missing for over a month, just turned up under the oven. sheesh, these toddlers... :)