Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Signs of Summer

Last night, driving home from Young Women's with Craig, I saw the first firefly of the season.  Few things herald the coming of summer better in my mind.  And even though it's already a bit on the hot and humid side here (especially for being the very beginning of May!), if that's the price I have to pay for the only bugs that I truly enjoy, then it is well worth it in my mind.

Before I know it, school will be out and there will be time for Craig and I to sit out on the porch watching them flying and glowing and blinking on and off again.  And that's what summer should be about.

Welcome back, little lightning bugs!  I've missed you these last six months!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I agree, the lightning bugs are truly magical! I first saw them in Tennessee over 40 years ago and then didn't see one again until Leah's wedding. How nice that you get to see them through the summer.