Monday, September 16, 2013

A Couple Quick Things

Ryder was pulling a hard-done-by face as I cleaned him off, so I asked if he was turning into a drama king.  He answered, "No, me just king."

He also has a knock-knock joke now.  It goes like this:

Ryder: na-nock.
You: Who's there?
Ryder: Rock.
You: Rock who?
Ryder: Let's do it Rock-apella!


This was, of course, inspired by Craig teaching him that phrase (all of my blog readers remember the kids' game show, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, right?).  But Ryder made it into a joke all by himself, which I thought was kind of impressive.  The kid has got a funny bone!

And on a completely unrelated topic, I really liked these still photos of Colton trying out solids for the first time:

Getting him prepped (ie, putting a bib on him)

"What is this strange substance?"

Frankenstein arms
Actually eating

Big eyes


3 comments:

Patrice said...

Go Ryder! Loved watching Colton eat!

)en said...

haha. cross-eyed spoon is my fave.

Angie said...

I still use the phrase "Let's do it Rockapella" all the time. I'm glad to hear that someone else remembers it too!