Sunday, September 1, 2013

Annual Shenandoah Campout

Most years, we go camping with a bunch of friends the weekend before Labor Day.  It's perfect, because the weather is usually great, summer is winding down, but the park isn't absolutely packed yet (like it will be the next weekend!)...  And since Craig and I usually go camping with just our little brood, this is something we look forward to.

Unfortunately, this year a lot of the usual people who come couldn't make it, but we decided that wouldn't stop us.  I'm so glad we made the effort, because even though our numbers were much smaller, we still had a wonderful time.  And added bonus: the little gnats that usually drive me CRAZY in the morning were nowhere to be found!  It made it all perfect!  So we were all very happy.  Here are some of the pictures:

Ryder enjoys pancakes for breakfast

Craig refusing to smile normally for me while he makes said pancakes

Bentley announced the day before that he would sleep in the next morning and he wasn't kidding!  He slept the latest he's slept in a year, I think...!

Those are our friends camped behind us.  And, looking at our van with all the doors open there explains why our battery died.  Fortunately Betsy had jumper cables!

Colton is happy, as always

And Ryder, goofy as always

Colton just nodded off.  What a great baby!

The kids having lunch with Betsy while we load the car (or, Craig loads the car...  And I take pictures?)

Fast asleep on the ride home, with absolutely filthy knees.  Must have been a success!
Seriously, probably the most fun I've had on a campout in a long time!  I can't wait to do it again next year!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Too fun! Do you just do a Friday-Saturday thing?

Patrice said...

It must have been fun to have Ryder that worn out. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Good for Bentley for sleeping in (the camping he didn't get from Grandma-but the sleeping in might have come from my gene pool!).