Friday, September 13, 2013

A Half-Birthday!

Colton is six months old today.  Six months!  Half a year I've had this little roly-poly baby to smile and coo and giggle and blow raspberries with!  And what a joy it's been! 

To celebrate this milestone, he decided to bust out his first tooth, beating his older brothers and sisters by MONTHS in the First Tooth category.  (I couldn't tell you when each of them hit that off the top of my head, but I know Ryder didn't get a tooth until he was 10 months old, and that was following the precedent set by his older siblings.  So, yeah, Colton is definitely ahead of the curve here.  For being my child.)  And since he's both six months old AND has teeth, it made sense to finally feed him some solid food.  So here he is, trying out oatmeal for the first time EVER.


I apologize for the fact that I forgot to turn my phone sideways.  I'm totally bugged that I did that...

It's always amazing to me how you can add a kid to your family, and then immediately feel like they were always part of the family.  Colton is no exception to this-- I wonder how we were ever happy without him.

I love my little half-a-year-old man!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Isn't that crazy?!?! When they took Violet to the NICU she was only 1 day old, and when the kids came up to visit it already felt like someone was missing. LOVE!

Jen Evans said...

The thumb sucking melts my cold heart - what a sweet little boy! And what a peaceful first solids experience. You've got this motherhood thing down.