Sunday, September 15, 2013

Decision, Decisions

I hate to delete documents.  I always worry that I might want them back.  So rather than just letting this one be gone forever, I'm posting it here.
It's a list of every single possible way to have Colton that I could think of.  Every. Single. Possibility.  Some of them are terrible ideas.  Actually, most of them are terrible ideas.  The fact that I even wrote them down should indicate just how desperate I was for a happy birth experience.

Enjoy reading and laughing.  And breathe a sigh of relief (with me) that things ended up going so perfectly!




Birth Options

Hospital:
-Research hospitals, find one with more lenient IV and monitoring requirements (tricky, because they lie on the tour)
-Give power of attorney to Craig, let him fight all my battles
-Don't tell the doctor I'm pushing until the baby is out
-Meet the doctor, leave if I don't like him/her
-Hire a doula to attend birth at hospital


Birthing Center:
-NOVA
-Marshall Midwifery


Home Birth:
-Have midwife present (from Marshall Midwifery)
-Call EMTs
-Have John* & Jackie Ahrens present


*Jackie is our Relief Society president, and her husband has delivered six or seven babies as a firefighter and EMT.  That's why they made the list.

No comments: