Sunday, June 3, 2012

Blog Secrets, Part II

So I have one other secret I've been keeping off the blog: We bought a condo.

Yeah, I know.  We're crazy.  It's okay if you're thinking that.  That's actually why we haven't been telling very many people-- we didn't want to hear how crazy we are, especially while we were in the middle of it all.  We're finally at a point where we can handle the potential criticism.

This has been in the works for a long time now.  I think we first found a real estate agent back in August.  January was when this particular property was listed and we made an offer.  We didn't actually close on it until April.  (Long story.  Everything just took forever.  I'd explain it all here, but you might actually die of boredom.  I don't want to risk it.)  And for the last 6 weeks, Craig has done nothing but work on the condo.  And while he works, I stay home from most evening activities I would normally do (dang, I miss book club!) and take care of the kids and bring Craig dinner, put the kids to bed, and then sit alone until Craig comes home way too late and we're absolutely exhausted.  It's been a long six weeks, to tell you the truth.

But it's nearly done!  Aaaaaand, we're having an open house this Wednesday, the 6th, from 5-8pm.  I would LOVE it if you came and looked at it.  Not because I think you need a place to rent (and even if you did, I would really rather not rent to you-- I have issues with trying to make money off of my friends.  That's why I steer clear of Mary Kay, Stampin' Up, and Tupperware...).  No, I'd love for you to come because the more people are there, the better it looks.  And because if you had just bought a condo, I know that I would be DYING to see it.  So on the off-chance that you're half as nosy as I am, here's your big chance!

Come see our condo!  The address is 7918 Brighton Way, right behind Giant!










11 comments:

Juliana said...

It looks fantastic!! Horray!

Jen Evans said...

Beautiful! It's so light and lovely! I especially like all the brick in the kitchen. Congratulations!!

Nancy said...

Did I miss blog secrets Part 1?

Patrice said...

It looks terrific! Great work, Craig and family. Good luck with the open house-wish I could be there.

Emily said...

Wow! You guys have done a TON of work! WELL DONE! Wish I could come to the open house b/c that would mean I'm visiting you! Good luck finding the perfect renter quickly!

Andrea said...

Looks awesome, Alanna. I hope you get a renter quickly.

I too love the brick in the kitchen and I'm wondering if I also missed Blog Secret part 1?????

Vangie said...

I love it! Kudos to you and Craig for all of the hardwork! You'll find a great renter in no time!

Liz said...

It looks fantastic!! Dave and I actually do want to move soon - and it looks perfect! ;) But ... probably having a 6 hour plane ride each day might make the commute a bit less manageable. ;)

Heehee - congrats!!
Liz

Anna said...

Those pictures look very inviting. It looks really good! I hope you guys get someone to snatch it up! I'll try and come over tonight.

Anne said...

Wahoo!!!! It looks great!!!!

Laresa said...

It looks like you guys did a pretty darn good job.