Sunday, November 11, 2012

Really?

Here are some reasons I've heard that people have voted for Obama:

-Because Mitt Romney was going to not let her kids go to school (this from a Hispanic woman)

-Because Mitt Romney wouldn't let girls who'd been raped have an abortion

-Because Bill Clinton gave a really good speech at the Democratic National Convention

-Because it's only fair to let Obama finish up the year, and then Romney can take over in January after all the Hurricane Sandy stuff is done with

-Because Mitt Romney wasn't going to let women use birth control

-And my favorite, from the comments section of some article in Slate, "Never trust a latter day snake."


Yup.  Those are some good ones.  Because I know all my readers are smart, I won't bother refuting any of these-- honestly, it would be too easy.

But I will quote my Dad: "What really bothers me here is that that guy's vote counts the same as mine."

Really, America?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah, wow, those are all pretty dumb. I'm sure both sides had some pretty dumb votes though, so if each state is lucky they have the same number of silly reasoning voters on both sides and they just cancel each other out.

ugkuyg said...

HA i love your Dad's quote. That is hilarious.

Nancy said...

I wish that each party's dumb voters (the types that are only voting for Obama because he's black or voting against Romney because he's Mormon) could cancel each other out.

I like your dad's quote. I seriously started wondering what was so wrong with the old system where you had to own land, etc. ;) Although that would count us out because we only own land on the moon.