Saturday, May 4, 2019

Cale Carnival

The kids' school PTO puts on a carnival as a fundraiser each year.  Last year, Craig had to work and I wasn't going to try something so scary as taking all the kids on my own.  But then we were bored.  And I thought, They're a lot older and more manageable now.  I can do this, right?  And off we went.  And it was way cheaper than I'd thought it would be ($10 per person, but they capped it at $30 per family!  For us, that's a STEAL!).  And the kids were great and loved it.  And Craig was able to join us there!  Best of all worlds!

See Camille perched up there?


Kendra and her besties, Kinsley and Grace

So THIS year when the PTO began advertising for the carnival, I was totally excited to do it again! Craig didn't even have to work, so I figured everything would be even better this time!  I ordered our tickets early.  I planned everything all out.  I had dinner ready just a few minutes before we had to leave and told the kids we would go as soon as they were done eating.  Everything was perfect.

We were just getting our shoes on when Colton threw up. 

I was pretty sure this was a "one-and-done" deal, but obviously I couldn't test that theory by bringing him to a bouncy castle.  So Craig took the other kids, and Colton and I stayed home.  To cheer him up, I let him sit around watching as much tv as he wanted. 

So that was kind of a bummer.  The other kids had fun.  Craig got this amazing picture for me:

I usually hate these things, but this one just cracks me up!

And me, I got this lovely picture to document our evening:


I'm glad his teachers will know what a fabulous mother Colton has!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Haha, I love the addendum that you added to Colton's picture! I always hope the teachers in those younger grades know to assume good parenting and intent behind just about everything their students say/write. I hope Colton's feeling better now!