Wednesday, January 26, 2022

7 out of 7

Kendra's third test was positive!  We officially managed to ALL get Covid AT THE SAME TIME!!!

This is great for so many reasons.  First of all, just the obvious one-and-done-ness of it all.  But also, with all the isolating you're supposed to do if you're a close contact (and I really couldn't separate us out enough for anyone in our home to not be a close contact), I just really didn't want to ever have to mess with that.  Craig's boss has had to quarantine her children three times and they keep not actually having Covid.  If you're stuck going that route, you've made the cure worse than the disease.  We never had a close contact until we actually got it, and then we all just had it.  Bam.  Done.

When our pediatrician called with Kendra's results, I sounded so excited she must have thought I was insane.  BUT.  This also means that now we can upload all our positive tests to the Disney Cruise website and we won't have to be tested again in order to get on the boat.  I'm sure there are a million other things that might go wrong, but this was one big scary aspect of the trip that we no longer have to worry about!

Seriously, my friend who just went on a Disney Cruise said that everyone has to be tested and then you sit, huddled in a tent, constantly reloading your phone, waiting for your results.  As families got the email clearing them to board the ship, they'd all start hugging and crying.  She said it was like the Hunger Games.  

I'm so excited to NOT go through that.  And without Kendra's test, my biggest fear was that she would randomly test positive a month later and we'd all be sunk.  So to speak.

Anyway.  When we got our fourth positive, Craig and I looked at each other and shivered in excitement.  And he phrased it perfectly: "This is like when you're playing hearts and you decide to try and shoot the moon!"

We did it.  We shot the moon!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

🌙💫⚡️ Congratulations on shooting the moon!! That is a hilarious and perfect comparison! I’m so happy you are all on the mend and will be ready for the cruise! 🛳

Patrice said...

Oops! Apparently as I tried to backtrack to your blogger page, I was reposting my comment! Technology is my middle name! 🤓🧐😎