Monday, January 24, 2022

This'n'That-- Covid Edition

-We got two more positives on our Covid tests, so now we're 6/7.  Kendra has tested negative twice.  Third time's a charm?

-Bentley was explaining to us that he'd read somewhere that lemons were a hybrid of two other plants.  To prove it, he began googling on his phone, "lemon...  parents..."  This kid is totally ready for college.

-Craig got me the series The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion for Christmas and they have been THE perfect thing to read right now.  I absolutely love them and cannot recommend them enough to you.  The only bad thing is that I just finished volume 4, and after doing some internet sleuthing, it appears that the series does NOT end with volume 5, so once I read that one, I will be stuck waiting until the 6th volume gets published.  Which will be torture.  But worth it!

-Bentley did finally find some information on lemons and began reading to us that they were indeed created by humans a couple thousand years ago.  To which he said (horrified), "LIFE DIDN'T GIVE US LEMONS, WE DID!!!!  WE DID IT TO OURSELVES."  And I'm still laughing over this.

-I'm very impressed and grateful with all the help our friends and neighbors have offered.  I've gotten so many texts asking what can be done to help us and I appreciate every single one of them.  I've only actually taken up two friends for that help (Adam, who brought us the biggest, most delicious pot of chicken soup ever, plus a gallon of milk and a carton of sour cream-- he is a true friend; and another couple just brought us dinner tonight-- it was so kind of them).  And we figured out how to have groceries delivered today, so that was also great.  I don't particularly like being on the receiving end for help.  But I do like feeling so loved and like there is help out there if I need it.  

-I've spent the last couple months loving the two newest Taylor Swift albums and listen to them almost constantly.  And also the ten-minute version of "All Too Well."  It's incredibly embarrassing to my children.  Another song I really like is "No Body No Crime."  The other day, I was singing along to it while I cleaned the kitchen.  Right as I was wiping down my counters, it was the line, "and I've cleaned enough houses to know how to cover up a scene" and I looked Craig in the eye and then laughed maniacally.  It was a beautiful moment.  I think it's good to keep your husband just slightly afraid of you.

-I'm feeling much better today, which is wonderful.  I still have to cough occasionally, but other than that, I feel fine.  Huzzah!  But.  I'm also EXHAUSTED.  So tired it's embarrassing.  And, I'm also less and less patient with my children's bickering.  This is going to be a long week.  I think I will have to banish everyone to separate rooms for long periods of time each day...  If you can bicker even when watching TV, something is seriously wrong.

-Speaking of TV, yesterday we finally started watching the whale documentary on Disney+.  They released it RIGHT after we canceled our subscription, which was awfully mean of them.  Yay for killer whales!  


No comments: