Monday, March 7, 2022

Trying Stuff

Since getting home, there have been a few other things we've been up to...

Craig came home from work one day and we realized we matched, even down to the blue shirts under our sweatshirts!  Maybe some day, you and your spouse can also be this in synch.  Maybe.

I got my hair cut, but the girl cutting it went shorter than I wanted.  So that's been exciting.  I don't hate it, but I think it's a bit more punk than I actually am.  And seeing other people's reactions has been hilarious.  A British woman from my choir with a truly wacky sense of style gushed over how much she loved it, and then the elderly woman I sit next to arrived and said, "Looks like you got shorn!"  So we're all over the map.  It's fine, it will grow.  (Can I complain about how much I hate the fact that the girl who did a really great job with my hair moved to an insanely expensive salon?  I mean-- good for her, I'm sure she's making loads more money!-- but I'm just not willing to shell out $125 for a haircut!  Especially since I just can't believe it would change my hair that much!)  Anyway, I've been trying stuff, with varying success.  No one liked the wet-gel look.  The troll doll look makes me laugh!  Good thing my hair grows fast!

Camille saw this craft in one of her kid magazines and found an empty toilet paper roll so she could make it herself!  This non-crafty momma was so impressed!
The kids got to play pool at a "family friendly" pub called Rapture for a YM/YWs activity.  It was pretty funny to see Craig very nervously asking parents if they were okay dropping their kids off at a bar for this, but no one seemed to object and the youth had a good time!



Bentley got this picture of Camille (I think during Pirate Night on the cruise?) and it's too horrifying funny.  My children and their duck faces!
We got home from our trip to find a box full of Hawaii swag from my parents!  Everyone was very excited!
(Kendra got sea turtle earrings)

I've been trying to make our mishmash of furniture in the basement work.  We've got WAY too many shades of brown happening here, but it's a basement, so does anyone actually care?  I feel like it's very cozy-- especially with the fireplace-- so hopefully that counts for a lot.  Craig is worried that the kids will go through the window, diving into the love sack.  It's a valid concern.  But I'm not sure where a better place for it might be...
(2-year-old not included)

No comments: