Thursday, March 4, 2010

Etiquette, Part II

Well, Shaun's idea clearly wins. Sorry, Shaun-- I should have thought of a prize or something! But you've definitely earned my respect for having a great idea. Does that make you feel good, at least?

So for those of you who didn't read my last post or the ensuing comments, Shaun's idea was that whoever called in the first place gets to call back if the call gets dropped.

Now here's the most important part of the plan. Everyone: spread this idea to everyone you know. Eventually it will become common courtesy, and we can finally say good-bye to those annoying games of cell phone voicemail tag.

Go! Do it! Spread the word!

3 comments:

Shaun R. said...

Nice! Now when this becomes standardized etiquette, they will go back to this blog, and I will be famous for being the guy that came up with the rule. Just like Scott Fahlman did for the emoticon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Fahlman

Shaun R. said...

Though I must admit that I did like the the listener does the calling rule. That does seem quite practical. How many of you have received calls from somebody you thought you were in the middle of a conversation with? Then again, maybe you're not all as long winded as I am.

Natalie R. said...

It's nice to have a standard set - we'll all have to pass it along with our friends. Good job, Shaun, for coming up with the new etiquette! :0)

It'll be nice not to play phone tag anymore, those 3-5 minutes can be so frustrating!!

And I've definitely had times when I was talking and then suddenly thought, that's weird - the other person has been oddly silent... Then all of a sudden they call back. D'oh!