Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spring

The crocuses are up and blooming. They are, once again, scattered all throughout the lawn in a manner which is undoubtedly ridiculous. But these small purple emblems of hope make me so happy that I don't think I can allow Craig to attack them with weedkiller. Not this year, at least. Since I'm already looking down, it's easy to also notice the tiny green shoots coming up, too-- daffodils, blue bells, and probably some tulips, if memory serves. I'm so lucky to have bought a home that had perennials tucked away throughout the yard, since I have no idea when I would have gotten around to planting them myself. Birds have been singing these past few mornings: a few chirps outside my window to make me smile, and then they fly somewhere else so I can go back to sleep. They know how to make me happy. The sky is blue and the world is beginning to thaw. The snow is nearly gone, except for a few shady patches here and there.

My soul begins to unfurl.

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Hooray! I have to admit, I am excited for spring! Summer can wait, but spring is sure fun. I'm getting excited to see green leaves on the trees again - it feels like it's been a long winter.

I keep thinking it's warmer than it is because it's so beautiful and it's not cold inside anymore. Then we get outside and I realize poor Samuel - I should've put an extra layer on him!

Tracy said...

Amen sister!