Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fire Fighters

Today our local fire department held an open house. Between Craig's experiences as a firefighter in high school, and my own crazy delivery with Kendra, we both really like the fire department. So we were excited to take the kids and let them see all the amazing stuff these men and women do for us. Best of all, right before we got there, the mede-vac helicopter arrived, so we got to go see that right away. Craig was in heaven.

I took a ton of pictures, and unfortunately for you, I liked how WAY too many of them turned out. Or maybe pregnancy is just making me indecisive. I can't decide. But in any case, I'm putting a ton of pictures up for you. Enjoy!

Daddy is terribly excited to get to sit inside the helicopter.
It was all I could do to stop him from volunteering right then and there.


Craig asks about the hours and benefits to being a firefighter.



Full shot of the helicopter (so you can see the blades)


That's high up!


From inside the fire truck. (I probably should have used a flash. Oh, well.)




The kids were very excited to get fireman's hats. I was excited because they were free!



Bentley and Daddy chill in the ambulance.


Kendra tries to remember rushing to the hospital minutes after her birth...


Kendra will not believe me that she has the hat on backwards.
(She was also leery of the fire hoses, which Bentley was anxious to try out. So this is her keeping her distance.)


Bentley takes a turn spraying a real fire hose.


Getting the water started. (I like the tiny hat on Craig!)


Spraying full blast. Notice that Daddy looks both proud and a little envious.


The only person more excited than the kids by the big truck with ladders.


I finally got tired of holding the camera and gave it to Craig. Who in turn took my picture.


This one is my absolute favorite. Points to Craig for snapping it.
But points to me for putting Kendra in the fireman's boots and suspenders!

5 comments:

delilas said...

We drove by that fire stations today and that looked really fun, so I am glad you stopped. Love Kendra in the firefighters boots. :D

Nancy said...

We just missed you! We walked over and were about a half a block away when the helicopter left.

Natalie R. said...

Looks like your Saturday was similar to the one we had last week! I'm so glad you and Craig and the kids all had such a great time, that's really awesome. Isn't it fun when the community does awesome things like that??

Liz said...

Hah -- my friend has recently started dating a lady-firefighter in SanFran! There are only a handful of women firefighters actually working in the field and she's one of 'em, so that's pretty amazing. Guess they have to pass the same tests as the guys do too. I think I'd be too scared to do any of it!!!

Liz

Nicole said...

ha! that is fantastic. i really like the picture of your cute kids in their fireman hats.