Monday, June 7, 2010

Pictures

My sister Tracy requested pictures, and who am I to say no? So here goes:

This is one of my favorite dresses on Kendra. Unfortunately, it just barely fits her still. So I had to document it.
Notice how nicely the bow from Aunt Jeni matches the dress-- nice, huh?


You can see the dress better here, even if you can't see Kendra as well...


Our neighbors gave us their old sandbox, which the kids LOVE.
Unfortunately, it means giving them baths about twice as often as before...



Bentley loves making himself go cross-eyed. I hate it. Is it true that that can hurt his eyes?!?!



It's kind of a tight squeeze getting them both in there, but they don't seem to mind!
Bentley has been growing. Kendra used to be nearly as tall as he is!


Kendra demonstrates her favorite yoga pose: dead bug. (Really! That's what it's called!)



Last night after the kids were in bed, Craig and I sat outside watching the clouds and the fireflies.
It was made for an absolutely delightful evening.
The clouds were being super cool.
See how the one in front is a different shade of pink than the ones in the back? (You should probably click on it to get the full effect...) The two different colored clouds were traveling in OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS!!!
You could actually see them crossing paths in the sky. It was mesmerizing.


I really like that Craig and I enjoy stuff like this so much. It makes me happy.
It's also why I doubt I'll ever bother getting cable...
Also, props to Craig for managing to capture it all on film so well. He's got skills.



Those are all the pictures I have for now.

But since you're already reading this, I'd like to mention that in one hour, Craig will be down to only 8-and-a-1/2 days of school left! It's nearly summer vacation!!!!!!

But on a sad note: my dryer seems to be dying for real this time. No birds nests to blame it on. If anyone out there has any guesses as to how to fix a dryer that heats up & rotates, but can't seem to actually DRY anything (at least, not without going through at least three cycles), please let me know!*


*And yes, I clean out the lint trap religiously. So it's not that.

5 comments:

Jen Evans said...

Yes! Crossing his eyes could hurt him. We always made my youngest sister do cross-eyes for us and she had to get glasses to correct it! Not totally sure it was cause-and-effect, but it seems right.

Juliana said...

I don't know what my mom told me, but she always terrified me away from making cross eyed expression, ever. I still get nervous when ANYONE does it. Even if it doesn't hurt him, feel free to tell him it does? :)

LOVE all the photos. And I just realized I haven't sen Kendra for a YEAR! No wonder she is so much bigger than I remember :)

LOVE her dress! And LOVE the sandbox.

Right now, we have our couch on our patio. (Tacky, huh?) And even though we are trying to sell it (or even have anyone with a truck take it away!) it has been really nice to just sit outside and enjoy the evenings on. LOVE the sky photos! :)

Erin said...

When our dryer did that we just had to get way up inside the hose and clean it out. Sounds like maybe you already did that with the bird, but ours was doing what you describe and had a whole bunch of wet, nasty lint trapped in the hose that connects to the outside vent. And cleaning out the outside vent also helped. If you've done all that, I've got nothing for you.

Oneup said...

You can also usually unscrew the lint trap to clean out the lint under the lint trap.
Or hang up a clothes line. Which, coming from the ever-so-humid midwest where I've literally waiting a week for things to dry at times, I realize can be inconvient, but better than nothing.

Natalie R. said...

Love the pictures, it's so fun to see them having so much fun together. :0) And the sky pictures were quite impressive, I love watching clouds move across the sky on a beautiful night. :0) I'm afraid I don't know anything about dryers, but I hope you get it figured out!!