Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So Many Good Things

You know, for all the trash on the Internet, every so often you come across some wonderful gems. Or if you're me, your friends find these wonderful gems and share them with you, and then you put them on your blog as a way of sharing them with everyone else.

Thanks again for this one, Laresa!




About a year ago, Craig and I rented Newsies. My sister Tracy happened to come and visit before we'd had a chance to watch it, so the three of us all enjoyed it together. I think Craig was slightly appalled as he watched Tracy and I morph back into giggly prepubescents, particularly any time Spot Conlon came on screen. But wow, I had fun!

All I can say is, "Never fear, Brooklyn is here."

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, that's funny.

Personally, I'm a Christian Bale fan and some of my fondest adolescent memories center around Newsies!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Laresa said...

The Newsies soundtrack was the first CD I owned.

Natalie R. said...

I love that movie, and it's kind of incredible how well it goes with Lady Gaga of all songs!!!

When we lived in NYC, I loved saying the Brooklyn line, along with, "Summer stinks and winter's waiting, welcome to New York! Boy ain't nature fascinating when you's gotta walk..." It just seemed so fitting. :0)

Anne said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I love it! I LOVE Newsies, and we always quoted the Brooklyn line as well. That and "I say, that what you say, is what I say". Thanks for reminding me. :)

Nicole said...

no way! that is fantastic!

(incidentally, i once took it upon myself to teach myself that entire dance. and i'm pretty sure i still know most of it. true story.)