Thursday, June 3, 2010

Simple, simple pleasure

I'm not sure what makes me happier about this sudden thunder storm: the fact that I was just folding laundry when it happened, which somehow seems like the perfect chore for a so-dark-in-the-afternoon-you-need-to-turn-on-the-lights kind of storm, or the fact that I took the kids to the park this morning, when the weather was absolutely delightful.

Either way, I'm feeling satisfied with today.

I love a good thunder storm. (Except when it flattens my little garden, which is what last week's thunder-and-hail storm did. None of the weeds were flattened, just my tomato plants. Funny how that works, huh? But with a little help from their new cages, the tomatoes seem to have perked back up again, so I'll forgive the hail this one time.)

3 comments:

Juliana said...

I LOVE good thunder/rain storms. I just feel like everything is cleaner after it has been properly washed down.

(Although, flat gardens are a sad side note!)

But the spontaneous SNOW storm that Utah had last week, I think that is a different story...

Natalie R. said...

I love it when days work out so well like that, that's awesome. I'm also glad that your tomato plants are coming back up, good luck with them!

Nicole said...

i'm pretty sure there is nothing i love more (weather-wise) than a good thunderstorm--which, unfortunately, provo rarely sees.