Thursday, May 26, 2011

Be Prepared. Or something.

As I was about to head out the door to Costco, it struck me that my diaper bag was ridiculously heavy and that since I wasn't actually rushing to get anywhere on time, now was as good a time as any to empty it. I quickly pulled out everything except my wallet, the diapers and wipes, and all the crumbs that line the bottom of the bag (gross!). Here are some of the things I removed:

8 die cast cars
5 other toys, crayons
10 fruit snacks
4 empty fruit snack wrappers
9 baby toys
3 extra outfits for Ryder, and
1 sock, which I assumed had been eaten by the washing machine, but which I will now happily reunite with its mate

The good news is that my pantry is now re-stocked with fruit snacks. And the diaper bag no longer makes my shoulder ache. Now if only I had the energy to vacuum out all those crumbs...

4 comments:

Jen Evans said...

Take everything back out, take the bag into the backyard, and just shake it out. Shake shake shake.

)en said...

Ah, the pantry, aka Mom's bag. A bottomless trove of wonders and miracles. 10 fruit snacks-- barely enough. :D

Anonymous said...

yesterday I found 5 dirty burp cloths in my diaper bag. I know the feeling! :)

Natalie R. said...

Ha ha ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a diaper bag like that! It's always hilarious when I can't find a toy and then one day it falls out of my diaper bag. :0)