Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ryder!

Yup, today was Ryder's 1st birthday! We actually celebrated twice-- last Friday in South Carolina with all Craig's family (other pictures of that trip to follow, I promise!), and then we had a very small party today at home, which was even shorter than planned because I lost my voice and Craig needed to try and fix our oven. It's been a crazy day!

Here are a bunch of pictures of my little 1-year-old!

Love this picture.
Love those blue eyes.
Love that blonde hair.
Love my little Ryder-Pyder.


He wasn't too sure about the pumpkin pie we tried to feed him


Contemplating his presents


He was a little overwhelmed by everything at first. I think the camera flash wasn't helping, either. He did calm down once I turned that off...


Playing with one of his new toys



And enjoying a ride on his new car


Bentley was all too eager to "help" Ryder unwrap his presents...


Finally! A picture where he's smiling!




An unconventional way to unwrap your presents


This was what happened BOTH TIMES when we put pie/cake in front of him and sang. Craig thinks maybe he's shy. Or just not used to this much attention! Poor baby...


Happy with his stacking toy from cousin Eliot (and Aunt Leah & Uncle Brian)



Happy Birthday to my sweet sweet boy! It never ceases to astound me just how much I love my little Ryder!

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RYDER!!!! I'm glad he had such a fun day, and what a lucky guy, to get to celebrate twice! :0) I can't believe he's a year old, that's so exciting!!

Nancy said...

I'm just happy he had a real birthday cake the second time around. Brandon revolted at age 9 or so when his mom tried to make him a Christmas tree shaped birthday cake (his bday is two days after Christmas). Keep that in mind as Ryder gets older and throws the pumpkin pie at you when you offer it up on his birthday. Sidenote, I know one woman, whose birthday is ON Christmas, and demands that her birthday is celebrated on her birthday each year.