Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oof, Part II

As I was cleaning the house yesterday, I felt grumpy and stressed.  This isn't terribly unusual-- trying to get the house clean for a set time usually makes me a little grumpy and stressed.  But this felt more extreme than usual.  I mean, I was really annoyed with my life and feeling hard-done-by and way too busy and all that woe-is-me stuff.  It wasn't pretty. 

And then it hit me-- my week had looked like this:

Last Friday, I cleaned house in preparation for my in-laws coming (to celebrate Ryder's birthday).

Then the next day, Saturday, I did more cleaning and a deeper cleaning because my parents were coming.

And then Monday and Wednesday night I cleaned the house because I was hosting preschool the next day (and which required quite a bit of cleaning after the kids left).

And then I was back at it on Friday again, this time because my in-laws were coming to babysit so Craig and I could attend the temple.

And not that I enjoy living in squalor or anything, but that is a HECK of a lot of cleaning for me.  No wonder I was feeling like my life was hard (despite the birthday parties and date nights)!

So right now, I'm looking at the huge disaster of toys that exploded all over the downstairs and smiling to myself because today I do NOT CARE ONE BIT about that mess.  To heck with it all-- I'm going to do some blogging!

5 comments:

Juliana said...

Love this!

Last week - when Jeff was just finishing finals, and I was falling over from working 7 days a week - our apartment was a disaster. ("It looked like finals week" we say.) Of course, this is when Rachael and Ian came over. Hopefully they still love us :)

Alanna said...

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...

Alanna said...

How about now?

Alanna said...

Did this do anything?

Alanna said...

Why does blogger hate me???