Sunday, December 9, 2012

Too True

Rebecca Smylie is one of several people who I have never met, but whose blog I follow.  I hope that doesn't make me creepy.  (One of my sisters knows her.  And a friend.  And I did a guest post on the blog she and a few other people used to write for called The Apron Stage.  So I feel like I ought to know her...  I'm not sure if that makes me more or less creepy, though...)  (Also, if by any chance you want to be creepy like me, her blog is linked on my sidebar over there on the left.)  Anyway, she just had her third child, and wrote the following on her blog:

"A couple of days after we brought him home I had this moment where I did a mental check to make sure I knew where all of my kids were. Jane in the bedroom. Adelaide in the living room. Levi Little in his chair. I felt my mind split in three directions and knew I would forever be that much more divided. I can actually feel my mind working slower. So there’s more love in our life, but also I’m dumber. (Come to think of it, that makes a lot of sense.)"


I love that paragraph.  A lot.  It sums up my life so perfectly: So much love.  But not a lot of brain power left over.


Every so often I'll pick up my master's thesis and flip through it.  This act invariably causes me to think to myself, "Wow, I used to know a lot of big words!"  Oh, well.  I'll re-learn them all some day...

4 comments:

Anne said...

Haha! Love it!

Vangie said...

I had a good little laugh to myself after reading this post. I totally agree on the love vs. brain power!

Anne said...

This picture (did you add it later?) is AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! It actually makes me tear up a little bit. It's like the essence of motherhood. :)

Nancy said...

Why is she calling their kid Levi Little!? I'm sort of opposed to juniors of any variety... so mabye I'm just being mean. Oh well.