Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Little More Easter

We didn't just dye those eggs, we also had an Easter egg hunt on a perfectly beautiful Saturday morning in New York.  After that final snow and the general coldness of this entire winter, this warm day was exactly the breath of fresh air we all needed.  So what if we couldn't wait until Sunday?

Ryder and Eliot in action!




Enjoying the hunt as a spectator sport
Eating egg salad sandwiches afterwards!
We left right after the Easter egg hunt to drive home.  Rather than risk getting stuck in traffic on I-95, we decided to take the more scenic route through Pennsylvania and close to Hershey (we used to do this and drop in on Natalie-- we were sad they don't live there any more!).  We stopped once, pulling over onto the shoulder so Craig and I could switch drivers, and that was it.  Six hours in the car, and the only one complaining was Colton (well, and maybe me, a little bit)!  Our kids are troopers!

As soon as we were home and the kids were fed and put to bed, I sent Craig to the store for whatever essentials we needed and I got to work boiling more eggs for the next day.  (Leah would have let us take some home, but I thought the car ride would be too long.)  As I was working away, I glanced outside and noticed this perfect Easter egg sunset taking place.  It made me happy...
Gorgeous
This wasn't actually taken on Easter Sunday.  But I'm pretty sure that's what my big kids wore on the actual day, so close enough!
We had a lovely time in New York, but it sure felt good to be home and sleeping in my own bed again!  As much as I love traveling, I'm always so happy to come back!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

The kids were so fun to watch doing their Easter egg hunt. Bentley & Kendra look so nice in their dressy clothes. I loved the sunset!