Sunday, May 4, 2014

AllergiesPlus

Those allergies blossomed into a terrifically nasty head cold.  Even benadryl and nasal spray couldn't help, and in the morning when I woke up, I was sore all over like I'd been run over by a car or something.  So I've been resting a lot.

I realized (and made the huge mistake of saying out loud and thus cursing my luck) that I hadn't been sick all winter.  Imagine that-- with all the strep throat my kids (and Craig) have had, and all the vomiting that's been going on all around me, plus all their colds and snotty noses, I'd stayed healthy the entire time!  That really does feel like a miracle.  But I guess even miracles must come to an end.  And really, I am being a big baby about this.  It's not like having a cold is the worst thing in the world.  But since it's my first in at least 6 months, I figured I was due for a sick day or two.

So I've been letting Craig take care of things for me.  And, as always, he's stepped up to the plate beautifully.  On Friday he took all the kids with him (after I pointed out that if he was sick, I would be taking all the kids) to run errands: they went to Dick's Sporting Goods, Costco, and picked up a Redbox movie.  Then he set up our new tent in the backyard and let Ryder and Colton play inside it while he and Bentley grilled burgers.  Once everyone had eaten, they roasted peeps over the fire.

Completing requirements for his Wolf Cub stuff, right here!

Honestly, I should probably take more sick days.  The kids are so happy getting to do everything with Daddy.  The house does get messy pretty fast, though!

I was sad to miss a baby shower yesterday and now church today.  But no one wanted to listen to me blowing my nose, that's for certain!  And they would have been even less happy if they'd been forced to sit near me!

So I'm keeping my germs to myself and enjoying some extra time in bed watching Grey's Anatomy (my total guilty pleasure) on the iPad.  And still blowing my nose.  A lot.

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Bentley certainly looks in is element holding that spatula and grilling!!! That's an awesome picture. And I've never thought to grill peeps - is that good???

I'm so sorry that you caught that nasty cold. We all had it, too, and it was quite unpleasant. I'm glad you're feeling better now!

Alanna said...

Roasted peeps are good, but Craig says to be careful, because the sugar gets really hot and it's easy to burn your tongue (or, even worse, the roof of your mouth, because the marshmallow gets all stuck there)!