Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Spunk

I signed Colton and Camille up for another round of swim lessons.  After one class, I realized that my life would be WAY easier if they were simply put in the same class, rather than spending a half hour for Camille's class followed by a half hour for Colton's.  I emailed the person in charge to ask if this could be arranged, and, after consulting with their teachers, she replied that Camille could be placed in Colton's class, but she worried that if this proved too difficult, Camille might get frustrated or scared and end up regressing.

The very idea made me laugh.  I've seen Camille display plenty of emotions in her short lifetime, but never scared and quitting!  I assured her Camille would do just fine and genuinely looked forward to reading my book in peace while they both splashed around in their lessons.  As I'm sure you've already guessed, before we could proceed any further, everything got shut down for COVID.

But the other day Camille marched into the house, still wearing her bike helmet, singing at the top of her lungs a line from the opening song of Six: The Musical about the wives of Henry VIII: "I'M A SURVIVOR, CATHERINE PARR, I BET YOU WANNA KNOW HOW I GOT THIS FAR?!?!"

And I thought to myself, Yeah, she'll do just fiiiiine with whatever she puts her mind to!


Still a fan of chocolate fondue

Getting ready to help Daddy paint


She looked so queenly wrapped in this blanket as though it's ermine!



And finally, for your viewing pleasure:

No comments: