Monday, September 28, 2020

😬

After that hike, I was rushing to get us home because we were totally late for piano lessons.  At least with Bentley home, he could get started on his lesson, but we were so late I had his lesson go extra long (which he was THRILLED about, let me tell you!) and then Ryder and Colton just got half-lessons.  Oops!

So I was feeling a bit rushed and frantic.  I also had most of Craig's family coming in the evening and I hadn't cleaned the house yet, and now I needed to shower again, so there was a lot on my plate.

But first, I needed to eat something.  Before I could finish my snack, my phone rang.

I never changed my phone number when we moved to Charlottesville, which turned out to be a great (albeit unintentional) move on my part-- spam callers always use my area code, so if it's a local number calling me, it's usually legit.  So when a C-ville number calls, I actually answer.  And this number was local. 

It turned out to be a woman I've never met before, but she works for our Foster Agency, and was calling to see if we could take a kid for 48 hours for respite care.  (Meaning, he's already been placed with a foster family, but they need a little break from him.)  Having just completed this crazy long hike, I was feeling pretty indomitable, so I rushed to interrupt Craig's meeting and make sure he was on board, and then called the social worker back as fast as I could to accept.

So today we're getting our first foster child, even if it's just for a couple of days!  His name is Landon and he's four years old.  And that's about all I know!

He should be arriving any minute now and we are SO EXCITED!!!

No comments: