Tuesday, September 29, 2020

New Job? Maybe?

All of that craziness (hiking, finding we're getting a foster kid, and celebrating Bentley's birthday) was ALL on Friday.  Saturday morning was pretty relaxing as we hung out with Craig's family some more, but then I left at 1pm to go work!

My friend Adam is a wedding planner and had asked if I'd be interested in assisting with some of his larger weddings.  It sounded like fun and, of course, they're almost always held at a time when Craig is home and can take care of the kids, so I was excited to give it a try.  This was my very first event and it WAS so interesting and fun!

I don't know that I was super helpful, but Adam says the first few weddings are mostly about seeing how everything goes, so I followed him or his other assistants around, trying to get my feet under me.  I did tie ribbons on menus, hand out glow sticks and sparklers to guests at the appointed times, and help guests figure out which table they were seated at.  (I had to actually buy professional pants for myself, since I haven't had to look like not a SAHM for so long!  What do you mean, I shouldn't wear yoga pants to a formal wedding???)

The wedding itself was beautiful and the weather cooperated wonderfully, so that was all lovely!

I learned that I am not very good at tying ribbons!  (And each menu was printed with the guest's name at the top!  Holy cow there are so many things you can spend money on at a wedding!!!)
The venue, Clifton Inn, was gorgeous
With a lovely sunset to boot!

So pretty, right???

I had a great time and am excited to keep doing this, if Adam will have me!  (But I'm awfully glad I got married without seeing all this expense!)

No comments: