Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Wintergreen

Last week for hiking club we drove up to Wintergreen and did this little trail loop a bunch of times.  I'd never been to Wintergreen before, although some of my kids have gone for field trips.  It was fun to see all the cabins and think about taking a skiing trip there some day, although, honestly, I'm not sure I love skiing enough to ever shell out that much money...

They're pretending like they're about to fall off the mountain.  And they're freezing!

We couldn't find the trail right away, so I stopped at an overlook while I waited for Sarah to text me back (no service to actually talk!).  Sarah had told us to bring coats, but the kids left them in the car for this picture, so they were all dying.  I was so glad we had them for the actual hike!

The trail was awesome.  It was just a third of a mile that looped down alongside a creek and then back up on the other side, with frequent bridges that crisscrossed it all along the way.  This meant that you could almost always see the kids on the trail, even if they got way ahead of you, so we didn't have to really worry about getting separated and/or lost, which was nice!  And since it was so short, we just kept walking it over and over until everyone was tired!

It had rained a lot the day before, so the creek was lively and burbling!

Ninja Ryder!

We realized Ryder had picked up a little hitchhiker!


Too school for cool





When we finally called it quits, I handed my phone to Bentley to take pictures at one more scenic overlook.  He's already such a better photographer than I am!

Totally want to come back and do this trail again in the summer-- I bet the cooler mountain air will be so refreshing!

No comments: