Monday, August 12, 2024

Happy Birthday, Craig!

Astute readers (Hi, Donna!) may have noticed that we skipped right over Craig's birthday!  Poor Craig, I was at YWs camp on his big day, so that was even lamer than me having a Sunday birthday.  I offered to try and sneak away to see him, but we both agreed that that sounded more stressful than fun.  So we settled for me calling him on the actual day (and as a sort of surprise I recorded everyone from our ward and a few bonus friends in the stake singing to him).  And he enjoyed taking the other kids to Raising Cane's for some fried chicken.

And then the kids were totally awesome and made a big cookie bar for him!  And they sang to him and everything.  What great kids!
And then once we were all home, we celebrated all together on Sunday with the most amazing caramel cheesecake, compliments of Adam.  


The candles kept falling over, but I didn't want to stick them too far into the cheesecake!


We have a long tradition of using the wrong numbers for our birthdays (this last birthday, Craig put "48" on mine!), so this time I used the right digits, but put them in the wrong order.  Take that, you young thing, Craig!
The following weekend, Tom and Donna took us out to Tavola to celebrate both of our birthdays and it was AMAZING.  We were so spoiled!  And then Craig decided we needed Crumbl Cookies to really top it all off.  I'm still trying to work off all those calories but they were worth it!

🎶Happy birthday, dear Craig, Happy birthday to you!!! 🎶

No comments: