Thursday, September 24, 2009

Drumroll, please...

I've been talking about this bathroom for ages now. I'm finally showing it to you. We're going to do this tour progressively, so you can see some of the many stages this had to go through, beginning with the obligatory

Before Pictures
:
Yup, ugly, ugly, ugly! Right down to the ugly pink curtains...

But not just ugly. This bathroom was also mildewy, moldy, and just gross all around, too!

Um, no the blue toilet (and matching sink) isn't still sitting in our backyard. But if by some chance you want a blue toilet (with matching sink), um, let me, uh, know...

During Pictures:
Craig took the bathroom back to the studs, and then ended up replacing and moving a bunch of those, too!

Ooh, look-- pipes! And a vent which was in the wall, but now isn't!



Amazing how even plain old drywall can look good compared to insulation and studs!


Beginning to tile...

This is the floor heating system...


Craig and his Dad also replaced the window.




And now we have the After Pictures:
This gives you the idea. Yes, it's still a very small bathroom, but now it's pretty!
I should explain, though-- the one thing that isn't finished is the medicine cabinet. That will go behind the mirror, so that's why there are two long tiles missing there, and you can sort of see the hole in the wall behind the mirror and the original drywall where it wasn't painted. That will be fixed soon.

I really do love the wave mosaic. And the frameless door.

Standing inside the shower, looking towards the door.


It took three tries to find a sink that was perfect. But I love this sink. And I love the faucet. And I love the granite...

Yeah, pretty much I just love this bathroom. And I'm so proud of Craig for doing such a great job with it. I don't normally fish for compliments, but this time I'm going to be shameless. Isn't this bathroom beautiful?!?!?!

13 comments:

Natalie R. said...

That is truly an amazing bathroom!! I think I'm lucky to have seen it in a couple of it stages - during, and finished. It's amazing to me that someone like Craig and his dad, who are working professionals in something other than building, can do stuff like that!!! I'm sure it's a huge relief to have it done, too. :0)

Good work Craig and Tom!!!

tlb32 said...

The bathroom looks great!! And I love the sink in the corner!

ugkuyg said...

Wow, Alanna, that is amazing!!! I especially love your tile.

It gives me hope for our bathroom.

Erin said...

It looks awesome! And I love the sink as well.

Liza Jane said...

Fabulous! Love the vessel sink. I had no idea how much work you guys were doing - now I know why you were so anxious to get it done. It looks stunning. Love the shower doors too.

Unknown said...

Wow! I am so impressed. Your bathroom looks gorgeous!!! (This is Leah using Brian's email)

delilas said...

It is even more amazing person! Great ideas for when I redo my bathroom.

Anna said...

Seriously, that looks amazing. Craig and his dad did an awesome job!

Juliana said...

Wow! That looks fantastic! Really, I'm very impressed!

Rachael said...

I'm super impressed. Awesome color scheme, and the wave tiles are way cool!

Andrea said...

The finished product looks AWESOME. jealous of the sink!

Bobo said...

Wow! I think you have a very talented husband and father-in-law! Amazing! It is like a brand new bathroom! :) It looks so good!!!! Congrats!

Patrice said...

There is a faucet like yours at a BBQ place and I always wash my hands when I am there so that I can see the water flow from it! Your bathroom is a thing of beauty-bravo to you for picking things out and to Craig and Tom for their amazing craftsmanship!! Will you let me wash my hands in your bathroom (over & over) when I visit??