Sunday, September 6, 2009

Romance

This morning, while I hurriedly fed Kendra her breakfast, she pointed out all the people in the house at the moment-- Mommy, Daddy, Bentley and Grandpa-- and called each one by name. Then I asked her who her favorite person was. I'll be honest: any answer she could have given would have been considered pretty cute by me. But her answer actually managed to surprise me. Her favorite person? "Kendra!"

Ah, well. Points for honesty, right?

It reminded me of the Oscar Wilde quote (and yes, I absolutely adore Oscar Wilde):

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."

That's my daughter!




P.S. Now I've spent the last twenty minutes reading Oscar Wilde quotes. But honestly! How can you NOT. love. this. man?



Sigh.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Kendra's just learned early the importance of high self esteem and confidence. :)
P.S. He is sexy, shhh..don't tell Joe.

Mary Gray said...

I've never seen one of his pictures before! Not too shabby, Alanna! His words aren't too bad either. ;)

Jen Evans said...

Kendra is awesome, and she knows it. So weird - I actually woke up thinking about Oscar Wilde last night, and the Importance of Being Earnest. Perhaps I love him too.