Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chocolate Thoughts

I just made this for enrichment tonight:

And enrichment was just canceled. Craig is pretty happy about that.

I also made two little ones for our neighbors who keep helping us shovel snow out of our driveway and off our cars. I feel better about myself knowing I'm not a complete glutton.


And while we're thinking about chocolate, I have to tell you about the other day. I was sitting at the computer table eating goldfish crackers and chocolate chips (the best snack combination EVER) and Kendra was playing under the table. As toddlers are prone to do, she stood up too quickly and bonked her head on the table. Crying ensued, so I comforted her for a bit, and once she was calmed down, I gave her a chocolate chip. A minute later, she wanted to sit on my lap so I picked her up and she immediately pointed at the bag of chocolate chips and asked, "What's this?" I told her. Her next question was, "This makes me feel better?"

Smart girl, Kendra. I've taught you well.

Her grandmothers were pretty proud, too.

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

First of all, that picture of Kendra is SUPER cute! I love the ponytail on top of the head. :0)

Secondly, I hope you're planning on making that lovely, oh-so-healthy-looking dessert again next Wednesday (hint, hint)!!! ;0)

Nancy said...

I made mine tonight for Valentine's Day/FHE dessert since I'd bought all the ingredients already. Yum.