Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Play

A couple months ago, someone offered Geo-Trax train tracks on FreeCycle. We already had a few sets made by GeoTrax, so I couldn't resist the chance to get more. Craig thought I was being silly, since they do take up a lot of room, but I was delighted when I picked up my treasure and discovered that it included not only some track, but also a bunch of buildings that we didn't already have: a clock tower, a suspension bridge that lights up, and a large city building, all with working batteries still inside!

While still half-objecting to me taking this at all, Craig did have to note (with a hint of awe in his voice) that I'd probably collected hundreds of dollars in GeoTrax toys.

Craig got right down to building a wicked-cool train track out of it all:

If you follow the loops, you'll see that this is a system that works-- you can access any part of the track.
Craig planned it out well.


Craig was especially proud of his double-tall bridge here, being demonstrated by Mater.


Bentley likes having lots of remote controls.

I'm not sure what I like about this the most: the fact that it was free, the fact that it's been so fun for Bentley, or the fact that it's been even more fun for Craig! Whatever the case, it was definitely a good move.

Thanks once again, FreeCycle!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an airplane track that goes along with the geo track train system. I think the idea is that you get off the train and onto the airplane? I never understood how they were the same, but they are. I was going to get rid of it, but I'll hang onto it if you want to add it to your collection. If you make down this summer you can take it back with you!

Andrea said...

Umm, we've got a huge bin of these toys. Collected because my husband loved them. And they still get used by him (and all of my kids). In fact, Anna is making hula hoops right now with the rounded tracks! Best investment as far as toys go (and free, that's an even better score)!

Nancy said...

I have become quite an expert at assembling train tracks over the years (although we have the Thomas wooden ones). I was very happy when Will was capable of creating his own train tracks so I didn't have to spend half my morning figuring out how to make all my tracks line up and loop correctly.

Mary Gray said...

Aw, what a fun mom!! I've decided when you can put fun ahead of space, your kiddos are truly blessed.

Tracy said...

That is one sweet ride!

Natalie R. said...

A few of Samuel's friends have GeoTrax sets, and Samuel loves them. That's awesome taht you have so many!

Alanna said...

I had no idea this would generate so many comments!

Jeni-- if we end up driving to Houston, I'm sure we would love your tracks! But if we fly, then it's a different matter! Dang, those things take up a lot of room!

Natalie-- how did we not get those out to play with while you were here?!?! I guess you'll just have to come see us again! ;)

Mary-- I wish I could justify myself as a good mom like that! If you saw the number of times I throw them all in a box and try to hide them, though, you'd know the truth!

Andrea-- I never would have thought of hula hoops, but that's a great idea!

Nancy-- I'm getting a lot better at coming up with cool tracks without planning too far ahead. But Craig's still better. Give me time, though...!