Monday, February 1, 2010

This 'n' That

A few random notes, none of which is long enough to deserve its own post:

-It's a little too ironic that the day after I post about how difficult it is to downsize your living space, we effectively shut down our entire downstairs. And now having the kids crammed into the living room and kitchen with me feels so crowded and tight that I'm already worried about how I'll survive this project (which gets more complicated with every piece of wood paneling that Craig pries from the walls; we're now talking about moving walls and doors and adding insulation all sorts of stuff that was not part of the original plan; the worst part is that I'm the one rooting for all of these changes, so I can't even complain about them).

-Okay, so this is really embarrassing, but I just saw the phrase "bros before hos" for the first time in print and realized that the word is "hos" and not "hose," which I always had thought referred to nylons and therefore was just a euphemism for women. I never fully realized just how completely naïve I am before. Wow.

-I just discovered a blog that I am in love with: The Apron Stage. It's written by four Mormon women, and unlike many of the Mormon women blogs I've found, where everyone seems to have major issues with the Church, these women seem to be well-adjusted and have testimonies and be really positive and interesting, all at the same time. It's a great read! Thanks to my sister Tracy for recommending it!

-Just now as I was changing Kendra's diaper, she insisted on holding onto her stuffed animal Winnie the Pooh. She held him at a strange angle and announced that he was watching. Watching what, I asked-- Bentley? the closet? No, he was watching her diaper be changed. Apparently Winnie the Pooh is something of a pervert.

-Also about Winnie the Pooh-- as I made mac'n'cheese for the kids for lunch, Kendra insisted on following me around with Winnie the Pooh held against my knee, making kissy noises for him to be giving me. The hilarious thing about this is that Kendra makes THE best kissing noises of anyone I know. I'm not sure how she does it, but they're irresistibly cute, sexy, tiny, and angelic all at the same time. They should probably be recorded and used in movies. I wish I could do it so well. In comparison, my own kissy noises sound dry and pretty lame.


More later!

5 comments:

Mary Gray said...

Now I gotta hear her kisses. And who knew Winnie was a pervert?

Tagged you on my blog!

Erin said...

I love apronstage as well. I'll refrain from listing some of my other favorites since it sounds like they may fit the category of Mormon women blogs you don't enjoy. :) But I loved Sarah's post today. I must say I've never contemplated what forensic scientists would conclude about me should they find my body in a ditch.

Nancy said...

Thank you for reminding me about The Apron Stage. Louise Plummer was one of my favorite professors at BYU and I dream of someday being as creative and fun a writer as she is. And somehow I "favorited" her blog and it didn't take and I forgot all about it.

Natalie R. said...

Wow, my whole image of Winnie the Pooh has been destroyed!! I think I won't share that info with Samuel just yet, he's not ready for the disappointment. ;0)

Good luck with living without the rec room, you can do it!!

Anne said...

You really thought it was hose? Please tell me you can hear me laughing all the way from LA. That is hilar.