Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday

This morning Craig was explaining to me his plans to tear down one of the walls in the rec room. This prompted me to begin quoting Ronald Reagan (I still can't hear that speech without starting to cry) and eventually it led to me chanting, "Tear down the wall! Tear down the wall!" Craig didn't know this reference so I had to explain to him all about Pink Floyd's "The Wall" concert in Berlin where they built a giant wall across the stage, performing part of the concert behind the wall, and then eventually knocked the whole thing down into a pile of rubble.

Craig, enjoying theatrics as much as he does, was finally intrigued enough that he looked it up on YouTube and we spent a good hour watching the concert, which really is pretty cool. I was delighted to see how much of it I had remembered, since I saw the video in my English class in high school (thank you, Mr. McAllister; probably the most worthwhile thing we did in that class). It really does have some great music, too, even if angsty music isn't usually my thing these days.

I like that Craig and I are happy totally wasting a morning this way. But honestly, can you think of a better way to spend a morning when there are least two feet of snow on the ground?

Also, I think I might be in love with Roger Waters now.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

It was fun to hear about the Wall. A sidenote-Saturday was Ronald Reagan's 99th birthday. There will be a big celebration next year at his library.